Meet my new friend Nani as she plays the ‘ukulele and sings for us today on Beach Walks.
I’ve seen her on the beach often, and of course we’ve had our friendly local hellos. But I did not realize she sings and plays the ‘uke so nicely and that she is a volunteer caretaker for the Mokulua Islands. This is true Hawaiiana; I hope you enjoy it!
BEACH WALKS INVITATION
Would you like to submit a guest Beach Walks episode? We’d like to start featuring new voices (and take my mom’s advice to have a day off now and then.)
If you would like to submit a show, here are the guidelines:
* 3-5 minutes in length
* On a beach or not
* With a dog or not
* Spreading aloha – or positive energy
* Podsafe music (if you want to use music)
* No copyrighted material unless you have written permission please
Ê»Ukulele: leaping flea, probably from the Hawaiian nickname of Edward Purvis, who was small and quick and who popularized the instrument brought to Hawai’i by the Portuguese in 1879
Be in Touch!
- Subscribe in iTunes so you won’t miss a single episode! Please leave a comment while you’re there!
- Call the Conch line via skype:roxannedarling or 1-949-544-1456 and share your thoughts.
- Like us on Facebook and join the Beach Walks community.
- Our wonderful theme music is from The Ukulele Experiment