It’s our 200th show and for most of you, 9-11.
h3. About Today’s Show
Anniversaries and milestones tend to be gathering points for all kinds of energy. One kind is pressure and so today we are breaking the energy. The #2s tend to make a big deal out of these anniversaries, pulling in all sorts of energy from the past and plenty of expectations for the future. Sometimes I find it helpful to remember it’s just another day. I can choose whether to track the mainstream media who are focusing on the World Trade Center Bombing or to track my own inner experience of today or both. And I just may go listen to Arundhati Roy who reminds us that 9-11-2001 is not the only momentous 9-11.
There is no question there are people who are out to destroy others. This is nothing new. The tactics are new; our interconnectedness more apparent than ever. The game of cat and mouse enthralls many and is leaking over into many of our lives – those of us who are neither cat nor mouse. I have no way of knowing if my life will cross paths with those who are bent on killing. I choose how to live my life until that moment, which may never occur. We share the same planet, but live in so many diverse realities.
BEACH WALKS INVITATION
Would you like to submit a guest Beach Walks episode? We’d like to start featuring new voices (and take my mom’s advice to take a day off now and then.)
If you would like to submit a show, here are the guidelines:
* 3-5 minutes in length
* On a beach or not
* With a dog or not
* Spreading aloha – or positive energy
* Podsafe music (if you want to use music)
* No copyrighted material unless you have written permission please
Post your file online (preferably a “.mov”), send us the link, and we’ll wrap the Beach Walks theme around it and feature it in an upcoming episode!
Piha makahiki: anniversary
Malama pono: take care
Be in Touch!
- Subscribe in iTunes so you won’t miss a single episode! Please leave a comment while you’re there!
- Call the Conch line via skype:roxannedarling or 1-949-544-1456 and share your thoughts.
- Like us on Facebook and join the Beach Walks community.
- Our wonderful theme music is from The Ukulele Experiment