To get smarter consider walking away from the books/computer now and then.
h3. About Today’s Show
So I heard yet more “research reported on NPR” yesterday that exercise actually affects your brain neurology. All those school systems that dropped PE, arts, and music in favor of boosting test scores in academics? Well, it back-fired. Turns out kids learn more, faster when they have regular exercise.
To me, the point is that doing more and more of the same thing, can produce a counter-effective result. Economists call it the law of diminishing returns, and it actually is in play all over the place!
So what are you struggling with that might actually be improved by doing the opposite? Or at least by taking a break from what you are so focused on? Me? I am going out paddling in the outrigger canoe to drain off a little mental stress and breathe in some of Pacific beauty.
BEACH WALKS BULLETIN
I am looking for some guest Beach Walks episodes. If you would like to submit one, here are the guidelines:
* 3-5 minutes in length
* On a beach or not
* With a dog or not
* Spreading aloha – or positive energy
* Podsafe music (if you want to use music)
* No copyrighted material unless you have written permission
Post your file online, send us the link, and we’ll wrap the Beach Walks theme around it and feature it in an upcoming episode!
Hoʻoikaika kino: exercise for the body
Be in Touch!
- Subscribe in iTunes so you won’t miss a single episode! Please leave a comment while you’re there!
- Call the Conch line via skype:roxannedarling or 1-949-544-1456 and share your thoughts.
- Like us on Facebook and join the Beach Walks community.
- Our wonderful theme music is from The Ukulele Experiment