We camped out last Friday as part of Dania Katz’s Kupu Maui event with Top Chef chefs Lee Anne Wong and Sheldon Simeon. Those folks were busy cooking so several of the overnight guests joined us on Beach Walks to share their gratitude.
This special event started on Friday with a Kupu Maui popup dinner, cooked by Top Chef chefs Lee Anne Wong and Sheldon Simeon, joined by Kupu Maui chef James Simpliciano. It was an elegant sunset affair, with farm to table veggies and fruits, and starring freshly caught (by James!) mahimahi. If YOU ever come to Maui, do time your visit to attend a Kupu Maui event!
We were a bit groggy Saturday morning before breakfast – mostly due to intermittent sleep as our tents were huddled together with dogs and people and a mix of late to bed and early to rise! You’ll see a silvery overcast day – not typical for this area of west Maui – but many of us remarked about how serene it was. No wind blowing things around, no sun glare – very easy actually to just be here now. Please add your comment below or discuss this on Facebook!
Links from Today’s Episode
Instagram Photos tagged #kupumaui3 and #kupumaui
Kupu Maui with Dania Katz and Chef James Simpliciano
Top Chef Season 1 Lee Anne Wong
Top Chef Season 10 Sheldon Simeon
Breakfast by Maui Chef Lyndon Honda
Elena’s Food Practice
JT’s Maui Dog Remedies
Be in Touch!
- Subscribe in iTunes so you won’t miss a single episode! Please leave a comment while you’re there!
- Be sure to Join Our Email List and be part of the Beachwalks ʻohana!
- Call the Conch line via skype:roxannedarling or 1-949-544-1456 and share your thoughts.
- Like us on Facebook and join the Beach Walks community.
- Our wonderful theme music is from The Ukulele Experiment